The costs of absenteeism are weighing down Australian businesses.
It does not help that taking a sickie seems to be part of the national culture.
Creating a positive workplace culture is one way to tackle this problem in your business.
How? A positive workplace culture increases staff morale which can reduce absenteeism.
Here are 5 elements of a positive workplace culture:
- Recognising employee achievements, and reinforcing the worth and value of employees.
- Treating employees fairly and consistently.
- Providing employees with avenues to raise workplace issues and grievances, and dealing with these issues promptly, fairly and effectively.
- Promoting the use of annual leave.
- Designing jobs and workloads properly and reasonably.
Contact me today to discuss legal strategies to help you employ with confidence in your business.